Skip to content
What type of paperwork and documents should you be gathering when selling a home? Here are some examples of the kind of information, paperwork, and documents you should gather before selling a home.
- Roof age and any warranty paperwork, if applicable
- Furnace age, any instruction manuals, and any maintenance receipts
- Central Air Conditioning age and any pertinent manuals
- Hot Water Heater age and paperwork
- If your home will include any appliances with the sale, locate and catalog manuals for these items.
- Itemize and date any home improvement projects such as kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, carpet or flooring installations.
- If you installed decking, a shed or things like fencing during your ownership include the certificates of compliance (permits) from the town.
- Outstanding mortgage balance (if applicable) and pay-off amount.